Last updated: 20 Aug 2023
outlines our practices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. By using our
platform, you consent to the data practices described in this policy. This policy has been crafted in
compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU) and relevant US
- Information Collection:
- Personal Data: While using our
platform, we may ask you to provide specific personal data that can be used to contact or identify you.
Personal data may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, and location.
- Usage Data: We may also collect
information on how the platform is accessed and used. This may include your computer's IP address,
browser type, browser version, pages of our platform that you visit, time spent on those pages, and
other diagnostic data.
- Use of Data:
We use the collected data for various purposes including:
- To provide and maintain our platform.
- To notify you about changes to our platform.
- To allow participation in interactive features of our
- To provide customer care and support.
- To monitor the usage of the platform.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- Transfer of Data: Your information,
including personal data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located
outside of your jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ. If you're located outside
the US and choose to provide information to us, we transfer the data to the US and process it there.
agreement to that transfer.
- Disclosure of Data: We may disclose
your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend our rights or property.
- Prevent wrongdoing or potential liability in connection with the
- Protect the safety of users or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
- Data Rights under GDPR: If you are a
resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete personal information we hold
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
- Data Security: We prioritize the
security of your data but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic
storage is 100% secure. While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data,
absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
similar tracking technologies to monitor activity on our platform and hold specific information. For
- Children's Privacy: HikeLikeMe does
not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personal
information from anyone under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has
provided us with personal data, please contact us.
- Contact Us: If you have questions about this
Hike Like Me
25, rue de Ponthieu